Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First day back

After 2 days off of running and my legs feeling great, I went for a run on Woody Mountain Rd with a my friend of mine, Rob. My legs certainly didn't feel like they had a marathon in them and felt quite loose and frisky. We just ran easy and I was only supposed to go 20 mins but I ended up running 47 mins as it was an out and back run. On the way home, I stopped by Burritos Fiesta and got one of the best burrito's that I have ever had. That is saying something as that is always the first thing I order where ever I go in the states. I'm really glad that Scotland has a good place to get burritos now also. Illegal Jacks is doing a great job of churning out some great Tex Mex food and its perfect for after training.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into some hard training in a few weeks time and getting back into a good routine. I'm all over the place right. I'm waking up very early and the days are going on for ever as I don't have work until tomorrow and no real training so passing the time is the hard part of my day. I got an email from my agent, Jurrie, with a list of road races in the summer that I could run in. They are all big races and will be very competitive so that will great for me to be pushed to the limit every time I race. I let the selectors know that I will to be running the European Champs marathon in the summer and I think they were rightfully a bit annoyed with me. It was a spur of the moment, post marathon that I said that I want to run the marathon so I will now always talk to Greg and Jurrie first before deciding on anything. I will now look towards a fast marathon in the autumn. Chicago and Amsterdam are the 2 I think I would like to choose from but Amsterdam is a Mizuno race and my agents organise the race so that may be the perfect set up for me.

Julie and I walked through the house last (the roof is now on and will be getting wired for electricity next week) and everything looks great. We are getting really excited about the progress and can't wait to move in. Our house being the first one on the plot means that when we move in, there will be a lot of building going on around us but that will only last for a couple of months.

I'm now going to run a hot bath and add some epsom salts to help my legs to relax. I am predicting that I will also pass out as soon as I get out of the bath so that will be great as I have been waking up so early.

Lastly, I made the cover of Athletics Weekly again. Click HERE to view.

You can now follow me on Twitter also @LemonRuns

4 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for your blog. 2.13.40 is an amazing time and you had to run on your own and in the wind. I think you would be capable of shaving off another 5 mins. All the best, Daniel Weston, Wrexham AC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew/ Awesome result in London.
    Also, wondering if you can advise where I can source a white running glove, the design to which you were using. I have done the standard searches with no success. Will have to invest in a few pairs when i do find.
    I like to wear gloves in all weathers as it defiantely helps my hands relax, and less stress in the shoulders etc.
    Any feedback great.
    Nathan.
    Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks, its great to have such support from everyone. I really appreciate it.
    Tiddler - September is the perfect time to train in Flagstaff. The weather is fantastic and theres lots going on. If you email me, I can send you some contact info for someone who will have rooms available (adlemoncello@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete