Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/17/10

Saturday's Training - Am: 62 mins slow Pm: 55 mins easy

Mileage - 16.5 Miles

I woke up at 7.30am so that I could head into Perth with my dad and get a run in on a soft surface rather than running along the side of the dual carriageway. Dad dropped me off at the Sports Centre and then headed off to the gym while I went for my run. There are 2 big green areas in Perth called the Inches (South and North). The Scottish national cross country championships have been held there a few times and I actually had my most disappointing loss there. I was running the senior race for the first time and was running well at the time. I desperately wanted to win but had a bad run on the day came 3rd. I think that is one of the only times I have cried after a race. Anyway, I started my run at the South Inch and ran over to the North, did a loop of that and then headed out on a trail that follows the river. I ran until 30 mins and then just turned back and ran the same route back. I was feeling really tired this morning so was running very slowly, no more than a shuffle really. I showered in the sports centre afterwards and then walked over to the gym where my dad was finishing up. Before heading back to the house, we picked up some groceries and I was able to grab some real bacon. The difference between bacon in the UK and the USA is the fat content. the USA version is almost pure fat whereas the UK version is almost all meat. We got back and I made some bacon and scrambled eggs and then I went to bed so I could take a nap. I woke up feeling a lot better but I was still a little groggy but I was meeting my friend, Tom, in Dundee so I would grab some coffee once I got there. We drove into Dundee and I had a good time catching up with Tom and talking about what we were both up to and if we had heard anything about our friends from our school days. After a while I had went back to St Andrews on the bus and headed out for another run. I met one of the university runners, Tom Cunningham, and we did loops of the playing fields for a while before heading back into town. I ran with him to his house and then ran along the Lade Braes (a paved trail that leads from the middle of town out to the edge of town, almost like an urban trail) and back to Ronnie's house. I felt a lot better running this evening but still a little stale so hopefully that will disappear over the next couple of days. I grabbed my wallet from the house and ran onto the store so I could get some supplies for the house.

Once I got back, there was a message from Ronnie saying that he and his wife would be stuck in Jordan for while (They went there on a cycling holiday) so could I water all the plants in the green house. I made up some dinner of pasta with lots of veggies and then caught up with Julie for a while on Skype. I headed to bed pretty early but watched programs on my computer until I got sleepy and fell asleep around midnight.

Here is a link to an article that the Scotsman newspaper wrote about me this week:

http://sport.scotsman.com/athletics/Baptised-Andrew-Lemoncello-has-faith.6235018.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment