Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/5/10

Monday's Training - Am: 71 mins easy

Mileage - 10 Miles

I had a nice recovery day today and ended up doing hardly anything all day. Martin and I drove over to Campbell Mesa (easily the most complicated trail system i've ever been on) and ran there as it was really windy outside and we wanted to be as shaded as possible. My legs felt fine this morning with no stiffness or aches from yesterday so that was another great sign that my legs will be ready for the marathon distance in just a few weeks. Both Martin and I didn't want to get out of the car because the wind was so strong that it was almost singing outside! We got on our way and even in the trees it was pretty blustery. It was a strange run as the time didn't really pass by that quickly. I thought it must have been an hour of running when I looked at my watch but it was only 45 mins. I have still never run on these trails on my own as I think I would get lost. My mum visited last year and I told her to go out and back on the dirt road rather than get on the trails as she would probably get lost. Well...3 hours later we found her coming over the top of the hill after she had run round in circles trying to find her way back to the car! I spent much of the rest of the day napping and lazing about the house. I always feel guilty when I do this as I know Julie is at working hard all day and i'm doing nothing at home.

I decided to take the evening off as I had done a lot of miles yesterday and I have a speed workout tomorrow so I wanted to rest my legs a bit. I was feeling pretty tired anyway so a nights rest would be good for me. For dinner I grilled up eggplant, zuchinni, peppers and mushrooms and threw them in with some linguine and some left over ham from the weekend. It was just what I was needing as I had been craving pasta for a few days. We spent the rest of the night relaxing in front of the TV and heading to bed pretty early.

No comments:

Post a Comment