Friday, April 2, 2010

4/2/10

Friday's Training - Am: 92 mins easy Pm: 65 mins easy (3 miles of 100 strides hard/100 strides easy)

Mileage - 24 Miles

Today was a little crammed to say the least. I got up at the usual time and headed out the door just after 8am to get my 90 minute run in. I took a new route on the roads, out to the very south of town and did a nice loop around a very picturesque lake. It had some huge homes dotted around its edge so I figured this is where all the wealthy people like to live. I headed back through Country Club and the run had been fairly easy until I hit the 10 mile point. The rest of the run was a long slow climb while I battled against the wind. I was going to do a bunch of strides during the run but there would have been no point against the wind. I settled for doing them during my second run. I got home and did some drills and stretches and chowed down on some granola with a batch of fresh strawberries that I bought yesterday. This put me right to sleep and I woke up 90 minutes later feeling very refreshed. I made some coffee and relaxed for another hour before I headed out for my second run at 1.30pm. I had to get out early as I had a massage at 3pm.

I felt pretty good on the run and broke it up by doing 3 miles in the middle alternating between 100 strides hard and 100 strides easy. This made my legs perk up a bit and feel a little more snappy on the very soft dirt trail I was on. Yesterday's snow didn't really mess too much with Buffalo Park or the trail leading up to it from the house so thats where I did the run.

I quickly got changed, grabbed a bagel and my protein drink and headed downtown to get a massage from Dana. It turned out that I really needed it as my legs felt fine but I mentioned to her that my glutes were feeling a little nervy and so she got right to work. My back was locked up and that was making my glutes tight also so she got right in there with her elbows and forearms and got some really good work done. It was a very tough session for me. Lots of wincing and gritting of teeth but as usual Dana got me to relax so she could ease things out. i left there feeling great and went straight to the store to buy a 20 pound bag of ice so I could take an ice bath. Because our shower runs out of hot water very quickly, I fumbled into some clothes (I could really bend my legs after being in the bath) and drove over to the gym to have a long hot shower. I came out tingling and this felt so good. I got some more groceries on the way back and quickly made some pasta and again we finished off a whole loaf of fresh bread in one go. I managed to finish dinner this time without having to take it in the car with me. Julie and I headed over to church for the Veneration of the Cross (which was a very relaxing and peaceful service) and then drove home to relax for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment