Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/10

Sunday's Training - Am: 64 mins easy Pm: 28 mins easy

Mileage - 14 Miles

Weekly Mileage - 88 Miles

So things are now getting a little frustrating. My legs still aren't coming around and I felt really tired on both of my runs today. I woke up after a good sleep and sat around on the computer while I had some coffee and toast. At 10.30am I walked into town and headed to Church but I was freezing all the way there as there was a chill in the wind. I was in my running clothes as I was meeting Tom afterwards to go for a run. The service was very different from the ones I am used to in the states and it was a little strange to hear a priest doing his homily and not trying to keep the attention of his congregation. Each to their own I guess. I headed over to Tom's apartment afterwards and we waited for his flat mate to arrive and then headed out onto the beach and golf course for the run. I didn't feel good to start but after about 5 miles I did feel a little better. We did 2 loops and then I left the guys as I headed back to Ronnie's. I did some drills and some hard strides to see if that would wake my legs up but no success. After doing some stretching I had a big breakfast and then curled up in front of the TV and fell asleep for a little while.

I wasn't going to run again but I did end up heading out the door as I wanted to see how my legs felt. I only ran 4 miles but they seem to take a long time. I can only hope that my legs will start responding in the next couple of days. Its really strange that I can feel great everyday while running 150 miles in a week but I feel awful once I bring the mileage down and start running easier. I am reassured by almost everyone that this is what it feels like before the marathon and Andi Jones sent me a message saying that this is actually harder than the training and the race! I can well believe that! Once I got back I grabbed a shower and cooked some lamb burgers, brussels and mashed potato and then caught up with Julie for a while. I then just relaxed in front of the TV watching a film and headed to bed around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment