Monday, April 5, 2010

4/3/10

Saturday's Training - Am: 69 mins easy Pm: 41 mins easy

Mileage - 16 Miles

Today was a very easy day as my big workout for the week would be tomorrow. Originally I was supposed to do the 18 mile tempo today but with the wind really picking up this week, we pushed it back a day (so everything next week go back a day also and that fits perfectly with my travel plans back to the UK as now I don't have to do a hard workout the day I step off the plane). It was very windy today and I did both runs at Buffalo Park as this would force me to go nice and slow. I did drill and strides after both runs to keep my legs awake for tomorrow. I usually find that if I have 3 days easy in a row that my legs aren't as responsive when it comes to a workout because they haven't done anything hard for a few days.

The day itself was relaxing as I ran a few errands in the morning/afternoon and then Julie's family arrived for the easter celebrations. Julie cooked a big ham, an apple compote, green beans and Lorie brought up some great potato salad for us. THis was all ready for when I got back from my second run so I quickly showered and we all sat down and ate together. My eating plans were thrown off a little (I wanted to replicate what I would do the day before the marathon) as I had breakfast/lunch at 11am and lunch/dinner at 4.30pm. I would have preferred to move everything back a couple of hours and get another meal in but with everything that was going on today it just wasn't possible. Julie and I left at 6pm to go to the church and get ready for my baptism. The rest of the family met us there at 7pm when the service started. It was a great evening and it was really nice to have Julie's family there for the baptism. It would have been nice if my family to be there but its a bit of a long journey from Scotland to Flagstaff! When we got back, we dug straight into the cake that Julie had made (we all gave up sweets as part of lent and i'm continuing this until after London but I had to celebrate with a big slice tonight). We didn't end up getting to bed until 12am (the service didn't end until after 10pm) so I wasn't going to get much sleep as I was getting up at 5am to prepare for the morning's workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment