Friday, April 16, 2010

4/15/10

Thursday’s Training – Am: 35 mins easy Pm: Off

Mileage – 5 Miles

I woke up this morning after 9am sometime and was glad that again I had made it through the night without waking up and that I had gotten at least 8 hours of good sleep. As I came out of the bedroom door, I bumped into AC who was just getting ready to head into the restaurant so we had a quick chat as I turned the kettle on and fetched my PowerBar. I sat in the living room playing around on the computer for a while before heading out the door to get my run in. I was actually just going to run half a mile and then do my stretching but once I started running I felt a little stale so decided to do an easy 5 miles and then so the workout once I got to St Andrews in the evening. It was another nice day outside so that made the run all the more pleasant. It has been a while since I have done a workout in the evening and I have always preferred that. We do our workouts in the morning as most of our races are in the morning and so we have to get our bodies used to that. I still race far better in the evenings after having a morning run and resting all day. I think that is why I have always run well in the track races that are held at night. I was really disappointed when I got to Beijing that my race was at 8.30am as the girls had their heats in the evening and I know I could have run really well had it been that way. That was a long time ago though and I have adapted to the morning races a lot better.

After the run I had some breakfast and then got onto the train to Leuchars and then hopped onto the bus to St Andrews. The great thing about this bus is that it drops you off right outside of where Ronnie (my Fife AC coach) lives. When your dragging a big bag around with you this makes a big difference. I unpacked and then relaxed for a little while before deciding against doing the workout today. I was feeling tired so I pushed it back a day and will adapt the training for the rest of the remaining time before the marathon. I headed down to the Fife AC training group that meets at the sports center on a Thursday and it was good to see that there are still a good amount of people turning up. I got to see my old coach Dave Francis and a bunch of others who have been in the club for a long time. I headed back to the house to have some dinner and relax for a while. I was getting tired in front of the TV but tried to stay awake so I could fall asleep later on. The problem was that when I went to bed I couldn’t nod off so I read for a bit. It must have been around 2.30am before I fell asleep but hopefully tomorrow I can get to sleep a lot earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment