Saturday, April 17, 2010

4/16/10

Friday's Training - Am: 76 mins (6 miles easy in 38 mins, 6 miles hard - 5.04, 5.07, 4.59, 5.00, 4.52, 4.55, 1 mile easy.

Mileage - 13 Miles

I only got 6 hours of sleep last night as I fell asleep at 2.30am and woke up at 8.30am so I could get the workout done and head into Dundee to meet my dad later on. I was actually feeling ok when I went out the door but my legs didn't have any snap to them at all so I wasn't looking forward to the 6 mile pick up. I got through the first 6 miles no problem and had headed out on the beach road so that I could turn around for the start of the hard 6 miles and then out along the bike path that heads towards Dundee. I was finding the hard section tough right from the start so I really tried to get into a good rhythm and flow through it rather than grind away and tense up. This didn't work! When I got to the bike path I was heading into the wind and was getting put off by the times I was running but I knew to expect to still feel bad as I'm still in the post altitude lag time. Once I turned around and was running a little quicker I was still working hard and that was at around marathon pace so I that got me a bit frustrated. Right now is the hardest time for me. I know not to worry about my fitness because I had great workouts last week and this is the time that I should be feeling my worst but its just annoying to wake up everyday and slog through the runs. A few more days and i'll be as right as rain though so i'm looking forward to that.

Glendoick House. My dad and his wife live in the apartment on the upper right hand side of the building that you can see.


After the run, I headed into Dundee and met my Dad and we just sat outside in the lovely weather, drinking coffee and chatting. A friend of mine from school walked by which was really weird as I was going to be meeting him the next day in town. After a while, Dad and I headed back to Glendoick (where he lives) and just relaxed after having some fajitas for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment