Thursday, April 1, 2010

4/1/10

Thursday’s Training – Am: 73 mins slow Pm: 63 mins easy

Mileage – 20 Miles

I was pretty tired when I woke up this morning after getting to bed late last night. I waited longer than usual to get the run done as I just wasn’t ready at 8.30am. Another factor was that it snowed a couple of inches last night so I wouldn’t be able to get on any of the trails that I wanted to. I headed to the gym with all intentions of doing a workout there after the run but after I started the run that plan went out the window as I was feeling pretty tired. I headed out from the gym and did my usual 10 mile loop and just used the run as a recovery run. This meant relaxing and just letting my legs turnover rather than pushing the pace. These runs always make me feel better the next day and it was a good idea after the workout I did yesterday. I got back to the car and drove to Safeway to pick up some groceries, Hastings to see if I could rent a dvd, Nau’s Cline library, Sam’s Club to get some bulk groceries and then finally home for some breakfast and a sleep. I made a big breakfast of scrambled egg with mushrooms, red peppers and avocado with a chicken and apple sausage and some bread. I made a little too much and I was stuffed full before I could finish it all. This helped me to pass out pretty quickly and get a good two part nap in (I woke up in the middle but luckily fell back asleep).


This morning's breakfast

When I woke up I noticed that a lot of the snow on the road had melted so that would be good for my second run. I made a big cup of coffee and then practised some piano for a bit. I still wasn’t full of energy before I got ready for my run so I swallowed an energy gel and waited for that to kick in. I headed out the door to be met by not only a strong wind but a cold one. I tuned into Ben in the Mix on my Ipod as that always gets me running a little quicker and I wanted the run to be done so I could get out of the cold. After a couple of slow miles I started to feel good and got into a good rhythm. 10 miles and 63 mins later I was done and getting my drills done. I felt really good and fast on my strides so I was glad that I took it really easy in the morning when I wasn’t feeling good. I headed back into the house and started the dinner of Pork tenderloin, cauliflower and cous cous and then got my stretching done. Julie arrived home as I was doing this and she kept an eye on the food while I took a shower. We had to gobble the food down as we had to get to church for the start of the 3 days leading up to Easter. It was a very interesting service with the priest washing some peoples feet. It was quite emotional as one of the guys I have been going through the RCIA with was overcome with emotion and crying the whole time he was up by the alter. It was a long service so we got back close to 9pm so just relaxed the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog -- looking forward to following your journey! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete