Monday, March 22, 2010

Questions

Can I ask you if you remember what kind of training you were doing when you were 18, how many miles and how many hard sessions etc? John (EKAC Tartan army)

When I was 18 I was probably running 50 to 70 miles a week with 3 hard training sessions and a long run. The most important part of training is running so that means staying injury free so if that means cutting down the mileage, thats what you need to do. When you're building your mileage you have to do it slowly and get used to what you can handle before starting to do more.

I just developed a bout of achilles soreness and stiffness and wondered what you did to treat your achilles problems? Henry

I was very lucky that Julie was able to help me right away with my injuries. I'm not afraid of taking a few days off when I have a little problem and cross train instead of running to stay off of the problem (aqua jogging). I also saw a very good doctor who is trained in Active Release Therapy (ART) and could diagnose what the problem was before it got too bad (scar tissue under my big toe). I did lots of icing, eccentric calf stretches and relative rest to help also.

No comments:

Post a Comment