Monday, March 22, 2010

3/21/10

Sunday’s Training – Am: 61 mins easy Pm: 79 mins easy

Mileage – 21 Miles

Week's Mileage - 145 Miles

I had another easy day on the cards today and the weather was fantastic so it was very enjoyable running around the town. The trails haven’t cleared yet and the ones that have are still pretty wet and muddy so I’m still doing everything on the road. I headed out to the east side of town for the morning, which I don’t often do but it was good to get a little change of scenery. As long as you stay north of Linda Vista Rd there really isn’t much traffic so it was nice to have the run of the road and look at all the really nice houses. I ended up doing my shorter run in the morning as I woke up thinking it was 7.15 and it was actually 7.45 so I was running a little late getting out the door. This meant I could only get an hour in otherwise Julie and I would be late for church (which we still were!).

We went straight from church over to the realtors to meet Julie’s parents who had driven up from Phoenix to check out some houses. We spent a few hours looking at some places and they liked one very close to where we will be living so I think they were going to go ahead and put an offer in on it. We headed over to Pita Jungle for some lunch and after filling up and saying our goodbyes, Julie and I headed over to Home Depot to pick out our fans and lights that we will have in the house.

The weather was still great at 6.15pm when I headed out for the second run so again I was looking forward to the run. I actually headed straight down the hill and into town just so I could get my legs moving quickly right away and it seemed to work. After about 30 minutes, the sun started to drop down and it suddenly got dark and cold (Flagstaff is a low light city because of the observatory). Luckily I was close to Trina Painter’s house (our assistant coach) so I stopped by and borrowed a pair of gloves from her so I wouldn’t totally freeze on the remainder of the run. The cold actually made me speed up as I just wanted to get back to the house and be warm. It was great to get back and feast into the leftovers we had from lunch – Mediterranean chicken salad and Fatoosh. Before I headed to bed I checked what the weather would be tomorrow and I was very pleased that it was going to be nice again with minimal wind in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment