Monday, March 29, 2010

3/28/10

Sunday's Training - Am: 70 mins easy Pm: Off.

Mileage - 10 miles

Week's Mileage - 120 Miles

Today was a recovery day for me. I had to get up at 6am to get my run in before we headed to church at 9am. It was really hard to get out of bed at that time as I had had such a long day the day before but once I got some coffee, toast and laced the shoes up, i felt fine. It was a great temperature outside but it was very windy so it wasn't going to matter what direction I went in, I was going to have to hit the wind at some point. I basically just did a big loop on the reservation and I felt pretty groggy the whole time. I got back to the house, had some breakfast and then once we got to church I started to feel the tiredness. My eyes were closing and I was having trouble sitting and standing the whole time. I was going to leave straight from church to head back up the road to Flagstaff but being as sleepy as I was, I decided to head back to Julie's parent's house and take a nap before I got on the road. This was the best decision I could have made as I felt so much better after waking up and really alert once I had another coffee. The drive up went by pretty quickly and I met Julie at an RCIA retreat that we were to be at (RCIA is Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and i'm in my final week of classes before I get baptised next week). For some reason I was really hungry all day and after we finished the retreat, we headed over to the supermarket to stock up on groceries. I had picked up a French Bread loaf when we were there and the two of us ended up finishing it off in a few minutes. As it was such a nice day, we headed over to the little park that is just along the road and threw the frisbee around a bit before heading off to the little cliff near where our house is going to be and watched the sunset. It was really nice to relax and not worry about doing a second run. I was actually supposed to do another 60 mins easy but my body was just so tired from yesterday that I felt it better to relax and eat lots tonight instead. We made up some burritos and again, as soon as I was under the covers, I was asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment