Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/23/10

Tuesday’s Training – Am: 90 mins easy Pm: 51 mins slow

Mileage – 21 Miles

For some reason couldn’t get to sleep last night. We went to bed at the normal time but I think my mind was just too active thinking about a plethora of things rather than just switching off and relaxing. This meant that when Julie woke up 6.40am, I lay there for another 40 mins so I could get some extra rest. This was fine as I wasn’t meeting the guys until 8.30am this morning.

Andrew Carlson, Martin Fagan and I all ran out at mailboxes again. The run went by pretty quickly and it was good to talk to people on the run again! The guys stopped at 10 miles so I just headed back out on the trail and turned around after a mile as the headwind was picking up. I got back to the car and ran on the road and noticed a dirt road on the left side of the road that I had never seen before. I investigated it a little and it looks like it will be a good trail to run on soon but it was still a little wet and muddy so I turned around and headed back to the car. I spent the next 20 mins doing my drills, strides and stretches before I headed back to the house. I made same pancakes but instead of the usual chocolate chips (No deserts during lent!) I fried up some apples in butter and topped the pancakes with those. They were really tasty so that set me up perfectly for a good little nap. I don’t what it is about pancakes but they always put me to sleep so maybe I should be eating them before bed now!

My second run of the day was a very slow affair as I felt pretty tired (from not doing anything all day) and it being very windy. It was just a case of putting one foot in front of the other and getting through it. I went over by Buffalo Park and that is starting to dry up now so maybe by next week I can start using that more often for runs as it is so nice for running (very scenic with great views of the peaks) and it is only a 10 minute jog away. Its going to feel good to be getting on the trails more now as I have been on the road so much over the last few months. The good thing about that though is that it has prepared my legs for some pounding on the road.

I just cooked up some leftovers from last night when I got back, Making a salad, heating up the polenta, chopping up the turkey, adding some red pepper and mixing in some soy sauce and barbeque sauce for a bit of a glaze. Num num num!

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Martin Fagan supposed to be running the LA Marathon last weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was but he hurt his ACL and decided not to risk damaging it any further

    ReplyDelete