Friday, March 26, 2010

3/25/10

Thursday’s Training – Am: 80 mins easy

Mileage – 12 Miles

Today was a travel day as I was heading over to the east coast for my race in Richmond, Virgnia on Saturday. I slept badly again last night for some reason but got up at the same time as usual (6.40am) and spent most of the time before my run packing for the trip. I quickly checked my emails (which had some great news and I will elaborate on this after I get back from the race) and then headed out the door. It was pretty windy this morning, which was great for the first half of my run as I was being pushed all the way out to Country Club. Of course I knew what was coming on the way back around the town but the wind really didn’t feel too bad which was good as it gets pretty hilly on the route that I took. I didn’t have anytime to do any drills or stretching after the run as I was already cutting it close for driving down to Phoenix and making my flight in good time. I had a quick shower and some breakfast and headed down the road. The roads were pretty clear so the drive went by pretty quickly and I got to Julie’s house in the usual amount of time. Lorie, Julie’s mum, dropped me off at the airport and the rest of the day was spent sitting on planes. I watched a movie about steroid use in the USA (Bigger, Faster, Stronger) and then started to watch the Beijing Olympic Marathon. I thought I had the whole thing but it shut off after they hit 20km so that was annoying. I got into Richmond at 11.30pm and jumped in a taxi to the hotel which was in the downtown area. I just dumped my bag and had a quick shower before getting off to sleep at around 1.30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment