Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/16/10

Tuesday’s Training – Am: 73 mins easy Pm: 43 mins easy

Mileage – 16 miles

I woke up today and my back was really stiff. After thinking about it I realized I had maybe over done it in the gym yesterday as I had taken a week off of doing weights so I didn’t put any extra stress on my achilles. I think the back extensions I was doing just sent my back into spasm but this is something I am quite used to so hopefully it won’t affect me too much. After massaging and heating my achilles I drove out to Cheshire where I used to live and met the guys for an easy 10 miles. We took it nice and slow which was fine by me because I worked hard yesterday and I wanted to run well in my workout tomorrow. A nice Tour De Flag in great weather was what we got this morning and although I didn’t feel good (its up hill the last 3 miles), it was enjoyable to just relax and trot along for 73 mins.

I headed back to the house with the hopes of a message from the car garage telling me my car was ready to pick but to no avail. I again, iced, had breakfast and past out while watching Cold Case. I was told the car would be ready around 3pm but was hoping for an earlier time so I could get on the road back down to Phoenix and hopefully miss rush hour as the journey takes an extra hour if I hit it. The phone call came and the car was going to be ready in half an hour so I drove over to Julie’s work and dropped off her car keys, said goodbye to her and headed off for an easy 6 mile run over to the car garage. I felt so much better this evening and I didn’t feel my achilles at all. I think really taking the time to do everything to help it as well as the eccentric calf stretches is helping a lot and hopefully I wont be able to feel it all soon. It was lovely and sunny outside but everywhere was wet as the snow is melting like crazy. I picked up my car, which looked great (it even had the ground effects that I have on the car which I didn’t think they replace for me. I was just expecting the standard issue bumpers back) and headed back to the house to shower and get on the road down to Phoenix. The problem with driving to Phoenix is rush hour. I didn’t want to hit this so I took my time changing and getting everything ready and headed out to the highway. I stopped by Quiznos to grab a big sandwich for dinner. By the time I got down there I was knackered so I watched TV with Julie’s parents until 9pm and then headed to bed as I needed to get up early to try and beat the Phoenix heat.

I was treated to a wonderful sunset on the drive down to Phoenix

My car looking brand new again

No comments:

Post a Comment