Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/10

I've been sleeping a lot again as training has picked up and i'm hitting the gym again. When I was a FSU I would always pass out for a couple of hours after I got back from the morning run and gym workout and that is happening again...and it feels good! I have eased the gym sessions this week as its my first week back and I didn't want to be sore all week. I also did a good 6 mile steady state run on Wednesday with Ian up at Buffalo Park. Greg wanted us to start out very easy so we did the first 2 mile loop in 10.40 before picking the pace. Unfortunately this was the point when the wind really picked up and although we were running hard, the times weren't that fast. It seemed like the whole way around the loop we were running into a strong wind. We finished in 31.06 which was fine as it didn't feel too hard until the last mile.

Yesterday mornings bagel run was good as there were quite a few people there and that always makes for a good atmosphere. I ran with Nick for the run and headed out on some trails that I haven't run since last year. When I got back I was greeted by a box from Mizuno that had some new spikes in it. They felt great when i put them on so I'm looking forward to trying them out in the next couple of weeks. They are almost like a racing flat with spikes in them.

Julie and I are heading down to Phoenix again this weekend as we need to meet up with our mortgage lender and look for some furniture for the house. The only problem with this is that its close to 100F down there so running is going to be a very sweaty activity! I actually don't mind running in the heat so it shouldn't be too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your new trainers. Very smart :o)

    Is the house finished?? Bet youre both so excited!!

    ReplyDelete